Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Preface To A Birth Story

You know, I really thought I'd get a chance to type up my birth story earlier than this (like in the hospital while recovering). But guys, having a baby is hard work. I mean, it's amazing and rewarding and magical, but also the most exhausting thing I've ever done. And I did two weeks of the Insanity work out, so I know all about exhausting things. Between rocking and bouncing and swaddling and breast-feeding (which by the way, is way more challenging than actually giving birth), I haven't had time to do much more than sleep and check facebook on my phone while Ruby eats.

Yesterday though, I actually had the strength and where-withall to get myself showered, dressed, and make-uped so Mr. Llama and I could take a trip to the mall where I bought myself some new nursing bras because, as it turns out, your boobs get massive when they have the sole responsibility of nourishing another human being. Speaking of nourishing another human, we had a pediatrician appointment yesterday too, and Ruby is looking super healthy. She is still down from her birth weight, but that is completely normal. And the pediatrician told me I was pretty fantastic at the whole breastfeeding thing (she watched, so she knows).

Anywho, while I was on such a roll, I decided I'd crack open my laptop this morning and give typing this thing up a go. Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to finish it, but I make no promises as I'm currently running on about two seconds of sleep. Apparently my child is half owl, because she does not dig the whole sleeping at night thing.

Now here is a cute picture of my kid to tide you over until the next post, which I promise will have tons of photos of my squishy newborn.


No comments:

Post a Comment