Wednesday, October 15, 2014

On Undercooking the Vegetables

Sometimes I look at the littlest Llama and I just think, "what?"

Like yesterday. When she chowed down on frozen vegetables. And I mean really went to town. On frozen. Vegetables. But only the peas and the carrots and the corn. I couldn't pay her enough to not throw the green beans onto the floor. Because honestly, Mom.

Exhibit A:


Do you see the frost on those carrots?

I don't know about you, but it never would have crossed my mind to eat them without putting them in the microwave first. Still, the pediatrician did recommend frozen peas a month ago for the teething monstrosity, and yesterday she wasn't a monstrosity, but I was lazy. And the kid totally dug them. She ate probably triple what I expected her to, which is a total breakthrough because lately she has been all about the bread and fruit and the dairy and extremely, deeply, down in her soul against vegetables of any kind except steamed carrots. So success!

I'm thinking next time we'll try frozen tamales. Maybe my laziness is the key to her having a well balanced diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment