Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wear A Baby

Baby Wearing. You may have heard of it, and while it does sound a little like accessorizing with your child, it is so much better. I'm not going to go into too much detail because lets me honest, you likely have access to google and therefore a wealth of information at your finger tips, but I will tell you a little bit about how I babywear. It started with an Ergo. It's a Soft Structured Carrier and it had rave reviews and was half off of its normally 130ish dollars, so I got it. Next, I decided I would make myself a ring sling, because I'd heard great things about how easy they were to get baby in and out of, especially when they are tiny and nursing 27 times a day. So I did it, and it was pretty cool. The sling has been my go to carrier, though Mr. Llama prefers the Ergo. It's simple and easy, though the heavier she gets the less supportive it is.

But then I was introduced to the world of woven wraps. Guys, these things are seriously awesome. Basically they're just a very long piece of hand woven, extra supportive fabric. And they're gorgeous.  They're meant to last from the new-born phase through toddler-hood (while things like the Moby wrap only last until the baby is around 15 pounds or so), and they're capable of being wrapped in a variety of ways. Front carry, back carry, hip carry, nurse in the wrap, the options are basically endless.

So of course I had to have one.

And it came in the mail yesterday.



Isn't it lovely!? 4.6 meters of beautiful, soft, supportive woven wrap! I'm so excited! So far we've only tried that one carry pictured above, but I think tomorrow I'm going to spend a great deal of time experimenting with different carries. Maybe I'll even be brave and try to put her on my back!

Also from yesterday, I got this cute lil' outfit from Target and now my baby is a princess.



Isn't that just the cutest thing you've ever seen? Just ignore the attention seeking dog in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment