I'm hoping all of this means I'll go into labor suddenly and progress quickly and easily from feeling pretty okay to having a brand new little Llama to cuddle. What are the chances of that happening? I'm going to pretend they are pretty good.
Now because I know you're all super interested, here are a few stats about me at 40 weeks pregnant.
1. I am always, always hungry.
2. I've gained 38 pounds, which is probably more than I should have, but I regret nothing because every pastry and ounce of ice-cream was well worth the extra flab I'll have to work off. There's just something about sugar that makes everything seem better when your hips feel like they're about to explode and you can't stand without wheezing.
3. My ta-tas have grown two cup sizes (probably more but I refuse to buy more bras until after the baby is born) and now look bigger than my head from certain angles.
4. The baby doesn't move as much any more, but this is perfectly normal because she's pretty much trapped in the equivalent of a glass case of emotion in there. When she does move it's not so much kicks as it is hiccups (twice a day, folks) and rolls and moving her arms to try and get comfy. Andplusalso, when I press down on one side of my stomach I can feel her under my hand and also can feel her being pushed against the opposite side. It's super strange.
5. I've spent more time on my bouncy ball than is probably healthy.
6. My water just broke.
7. Just kidding about number six.