Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend we decided to take a spur of the moment trip to San Bernadino where my aunt lives. My father has to travel from Phoenix to LA every month for his Army weekend, and this time he decided to  drive with my Mom who wanted to spend the weekend with her sister in the lovely mountain home she has. So we decided to drive down and crash their party. I don't think anyone minded. This little girl is like a golden ticket, I tell you!

The drive there took us about seven hours, but it was totally worth it. I got to spend time with my Mama all day Saturday, and then that evening we drove down the mountain and into Corona where we met my Dad for dinner. Add to that the fact that my aunt and uncle got to meet their great niece for the first time and it was a pretty winning stay. 







Unfortunately, something about the car ride transformed my normally angelic baby into the fussiest of fussellas on Saturday... all the way until she crashed at 10:30 that night and then slept for six straight hours. It was like magic. And then all of the sudden she was a happy baby on Sunday, spending her time snoozing and smiling and cooing. Which was good, because she still had a couple more people to meet. 

By happy coincidence, my sister in law Brittany and her husband Joshua happened to be in San Diego that weekend, and they were able to take a detour from there to San Bernadino on their way home, to meet their niece. We met at the Cheesecake Factory in Victoria Gardens (where I ate a slab of dulce de leche cheesecake because I mean, who goes to the Cheesecake Factory without eating something delicious?) and ate and chatted and admired tiny fingers and toes and the most scrumptious cheeks ever.   And then we meandered back to our vehicles and Tia Brittany got to try on my ring sling and wear Ruby for a while as Tio Josh looked on and grinned and grinned and grinned. 






I always underestimate how much saying goodbye to people I love is going to suck, even when I know I'll see them again soon. Leaving behind my parents and aunt and uncle--watching Brittany and Josh get into their car as we headed off to San Jose... it was the worst. Still, chin up and all that. Next month I'll be in Arizona spending time with all of them plus more, so until then I'll just hang on to this weekend and realize how truly blessed I am to have not only a spectacular husband and precious daughter, but an amazing extended family full of people who love and support me, even from afar. 

Love, Llama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment